[nagdu] Introducing Myself

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:26:35 UTC 2014

all,
As someone who is also deaf blind, I would agree with Dan and Rox. Having a guy dog is a much better option then using a cane when you no longer have the ability to use your hearing and or vision when  navigating your environment. I am also going to say that, in regards to the NFB philosophy, for those who are deaf blind, the cane is not always the best solution. Nor is it the lack of or the inability to use a cane, that makes navigating one's environment hard, it's the lack of hearing. persons who have never experienced hearing loss can't really understand this. Blind persons are taught to use the hearing to navigate their environment.
If anybody else would like more information, about mobility for persons who are deaf blind, I'm sure that you are welcome to email me or anyone else on this list who is considered to be a deaf blind. My point is that I would like to educate those who do not understand the unique challenges of persons who are deaf blind person.
Thank you!

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.