[nagdu] Jenny's new doggie friend!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 18 13:30:35 UTC 2014

hey!
so in my area there are very few guide dogs (I know they're here, but I don't know many handlers here).  Last night I met up with an old friend who ws in town with her new guide dog.  The dogs were both pretty good, if I say so myself!
My friend's coworker picked me and jenny up at my house RIGHT when my husband came home, so there was definitely a distraction issue with Jenny really wanting to go see him. But she laid down and whined a bit, but when I told her to take me to the car and waved toward the vehicle I wanted, she took me right there and calmly waited for me to get in.
My friend's dog was a little interested in her in the car, but the dogs calmed down once they knew they weren't going to meet and greet. LOL
We got out of the car, and my friend's dog was more interested in Jenny than jenny was in him.  He kept inching forward to sniff, Jenny didn't instigate any sniffing, but once she got sniffed she was a little more interested.  But we both picked up the harnesses and headed for the restaurant, where Jenny sat on one side of our chairs, my friend's dog on the other.
After getting dropped back off at my place, we took the harnesses off and let the dogs do their business, then clipped the leashes to the dead rings on their correction collars, told the dogs to sit, and then let them meet.  It was adorable! Jenny was a bit more dominant, but it was hard to tell which dog was which. They were clearly happy to play. When Jenny had enough, she turned to go up the path leading to my house, but then came back, gave her new doggie friend a kiss, and then just wanted to go home.

It was a good evening, thought I'd share!

Daryl and the friendly Jenny