[nagdu] dog food

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:06:47 UTC 2014

Dog food? One of my favorite topics!
I know that what I am about to say is incredibly controversial, so
brace yourselves.
First, dogs are canines, canines are carnivores, and therefore dogs
are carnivores. This means that dogs are predators, created to subsist
and thrive on a diet of prey animals, mainly herbivores. The
physiology of a dog demonstrates this fact. Dogs' teeth are pointed
and come together in a scissor bite, perfect for crushing bone and
tearing into meat; dogs don't have flat molars like people for mashing
up plant matter; dogs' mandibles don't move from side to side to chew
plant matter. Dogs have incredibly powerful jaw and neck muscles,
perfect for crunching through raw bone. Dogs don't produce the
digestive enzymes cellulase and amylase to breakdown and glean
nutrients from plants and carbs. Dogs have short intestines, allowing
for the quick passage of food through their system, thereby preventing
bacteria from stewing  and proliferating in their digestive tracts,
and thus making a bacterial infection impossible if a dog has a
healthy immune system and is on a proper diet of raw meat, bones, and
organs, not carbs and garbage that slow digestion and destroy the gut
flora, and thereby destroy the immune system. To sum it up, the proper
diet for a canine, including the domesticated dog, is raw meat, bones,
and organs.
Kibble is  unhealthy. It is cooked at 250+ degrees Fahrenheit, which
renders it  void of any nutrients. So then kibble is sprayed with
synthetic vitamins, which  the body does not recognize. In addition,
kibble is covered in carcinogens and molds from the cooking process of
the already toxic ingredients. It is comprised of diseased animals and
roadkill, floor sweepings from corn and flour mills, and parts of
animals and plants that have been ruled unworthy of human consumption.
It also contains chemicals like food coloring, msg, and other sugars
and food additives that make kibble appealing and addictive to your
dog. Think there's not msg in your dog's food? Look for these phrases:
natural flavors, yeast extract. Yeah, that's most likely msg, a well
known neurotoxin.
The reason most veterinarians will never acknowledge the above
information is because they would make no money. Their nutrition
courses are taught by the pet food industry, their clinics are fueled
by pet junk food sales, and the unhealthy food toxifies their patients
and keeps them coming back for procedures and toxic medications to
treat diseases, illnesses, infections, and to be euthanized. There is
no money for vets if you raw feed your dog and choose not to poison
them with the pesticides and vaccinations. Back when I fed kibble, my
veterinary costs were $500+ for the first year and a half that I had
my  golden. Guess how much I've spent at the vet since I switched him
to raw? Nothing.
Do not feed your pet toxic cereal; I beg you. No one benefits from it
but your veterinarian and the pet junk food company.
Let me ask you: would you eat the same cereal for every meal, day
after day, month after month, year after year? For anywhere from 7 to
15 years straight? You wouldn't, of course. Not even homeless people
eat that way. So why would you force your dog to do it then? Why would
anyone force any animal at all to eat processed junk? Leave the bags
and cans behind. Understand that there is no such thing as dog food,
cat food, rabbit food, horse food, or people food. There is only food
and species appropriate diets. Understand that humans are the only
beings to eat their food cooked. Every animal eats raw food. If they
could cook ... ... ... well, they can't, so their systems are designed
to operate smoothly on raw.
Do not worry about bacteria. Bacteria are everywhere. Every inch of
your skin is covered in bacteria, viruses, and yeast. You wouldn't be
able to live without them. Just wash your hands like you would when
you prepare your own meat.
Don't worry about the complete and balanced nonsense. There is no such
thing as complete and balanced. Do you make sure that each of your
meals is balanced? Do you go to the USDA nutrient database to check
everything you eat against it to ensure you ate the proper amounts of
every necessary nutrient? I'm 100% positive you don't. Do you really
think that every batch of kibble is equal? Well, you should, because
it is all void of nutrients anyway.
The key with feeding any animal is balance over time. Eat a variety of
fresh foods from day to day, and you will not have to worry about how
much of any nutrient you are getting. The same holds true with feeding
a dog. Feed them a variety of body parts from a variety of animals,
and I promise their diet will be well balanced.
Of course, there are more rules to the task of feeding like ensuring
that you don't obtain meat laden with sodium, feed 2-3% of your dog's
body weight, and use the following guidelines to feed your dog 80%
muscle meat, 10% bone, 5% liver, and 5% other organ meats. It is that
simple. Think outside the bag, and don't overthink this.
Hippocrates always said: "Let thy medicine be thy food, and thy food
be thy medicine." That is exactly what a raw diet is for dogs:
medicinal. Rescues have rid heart worm positive dogs of heart worm by
simply switching them to a prey-model raw diet. People have been able
to recover their dogs from IBD, diabetes, chronic infections, and a
gamut of other diseases and ailments just by switching them to raw.
You cannot toxify an animal into health, you can only combat disease
and pests by supporting the immune system. Feeding a raw diet achieves
this.
Asking most people what food to feed your dog is a loaded question
because you will get a variety of answers like you already have.
Purina. Wellness. Acana. Proplan. Iams. It's too much to research and
consider! It definitely was for me. Make it simple by asking Mother
Nature how she feeds her dogs, and applying what you learn from her.
If you would like any guidance in starting your dog on a raw diet, I
would be delighted to offer any advice and support you need. Write me
off list at Ravend729 at gmail.com, if you would like to check out the
Beginner's guide to feeding prey-model raw.
If you are not quite willing to feed raw, but you don't like kibble
either, I suggest feeding air-dried, freeze-dried, or frozen raw. I
will also help you research your preferred kibble-alternative, even if
you want to feed home-cooked.
Below are links to my research.
The harm of carbohydrates in dog food
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/canine-nutrition/dog-food-carbohydrates/
Kibble causes dental problems
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/dry-dog-food-cleaner-teeth/
Cooking destroys nutrients in dog food, calling for the needed
addition of a poisonous vitamin premix
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/why-kibble-harming-dogs/
Kibble is laden with toxic chemicals such as molds, carcinogens, and
flame retardants.
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/kibble-never-a-good-option/
Oh, and want to know what else is in kibble? Various dead and diseased
animals, and farming/manufacturing waste.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-industry-exposed/shocking-truth-about-dog-food/

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/animal-by-products/

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/choosing-dog-food/dog-food-grain-by-products/

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/helpful-dog-food-articles/

Dogs are carnivores
http://rawfed.com/myths/omnivores.html

All necessary nutrients for canines can be found in raw meat
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/raw-diets-for-dogs-getting-enough-vitamins-and-minerals/

On 6/18/14, Nicole Torcolini via nagdu <nagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Danielle,
>
> 	If you do decide to switch to a different food from what the school
> feeds, I would recommend waiting a little while, maybe a week, after you
> get
> home and then doing it slowly. Some people keep feeding the food that the
> school feeds, but it never hurts to research your options. Everyone has a
> different opinion on food. JMHO, if you buy the right kibble, it is not
> that
> bad for the dog, and it does not necessarily have to be grain free as long
> as your dog is not allergic to grain. If you want, I can tell you about the
> major factors that went into deciding what food I feed Lexia.
>
> Nicole and Lexia

Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.
http://dogtorj.com