[nagdu] Adjustment from working with a king to a dog

Alyssa alyssahenson95 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:11:39 UTC 2014

Clare,
Just like I said on Facebook yesterday, it takes every bit of 6 months to even a year before you and your dog will be a seasoned team. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Were all human and as someone said in another post, shirt happens. Lol! When I had the Sophie girl, I once read her wrong and as a result I smacked into a poll. Also, if you feel the need, keep a folding cane, probably a lite weight one, in your purse, a bag, or wherever you can fit it. Plenty of guide dog users still use canes in certain situations. Also, just be patient. The dog picks up on your feelings. Acting nervous can cause a dog to act out. Everything will line itself out though.
Alyssa

Sent from my iPhone