[nagdu] We're going! We're going! We're going to NYC!

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 28 15:45:46 UTC 2014

Hi!
I posted earlier in the spring about wanting to go to NYC over Christmas.  the first - and most volatile - part of booking this is now completed... we bought our flights!  We were able to book a nonstop flight for the price of a 1-stop flight with layovers in Chicago or Houston... so one plane, no worries about deplaning and having time/ability to take Jenny out to relieve... Both flights are nonstop through Newark.

I have several questions:
1) We are not impressed by size and price of hotels in NYC.  We are considering staying in a B&B or with a host family in the city. Has anyone done this? Pros/Cons?
2) We're buying a New York Pass, including entrance fees for like 75 attractions in the city. Any recommendations?
3) I am slightly intimidated by the amount of people in the city, the size of Grand Central terminal, etc.  Any pointers on how to just chill out and not pass this freaked-outness onto my dog?
I am sure there's more... but we're GOING!

Excited Daryl and Jenny (who doesn't understand all the happiness, but here's her squeaker toy!)