[nagdu] home training questions

National Association of Guide Dog Users blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 10:12:33 UTC 2014

Sarah,
	Thanks for your message. It is good to hear from you again! I hope
all is well with you and your kids and you are continuing to sing!

	For obvious reasons, I tend to gently dissuade people from using
Fidelco until they change their policies and agreements concerning their
ability to remove a dog at their sole and absolute discretion. There are
other options for community guide dog training. One option is Freedom Guide
Dogs in New York. Their program is exclusively home placement. I also know
that the Guide Dog Foundation has such training available, but am not sure
how it works. They are doing a lot of this in florida; however, I heard it
is mostly for those who have already worked a dog. There may also be others
and some offer a combination of residential and community placement,
requiring less time away from home. All the programs we know about are
listed on our website at

http://nagdu.org

Follow the links from the homepage to "Guide dog training programs"

	I hope this helps! Please let me know if there is anything else I
can do for you!

With warm regards,
Marion Gwizdala