[nagdu] teaching tasks

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:39:53 UTC 2014

Hi Stephanie,
These things are possible. Before trying them on your own though which school did you attend. Gdf is now training some tasks for people who are hearing impaired. I had a friend who went through it and they used a method where the dog would touch her then go to the phone or door etc. Maybe you could ask your school for advice. We also have many people who owner train that will be more insightful than me... I have taught my dogs, find it show me, which means if I dropped something put your nose on it and stay. It started initially with the dog getting close, then touching them eventually I would click for her keeping her nose there.

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499