[nagdu] Willingness to work and gender

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:21:05 UTC 2014

Hi, Brandy.

I've worked one male and two females. Caroline, my second dog, was the most assertive. Acelet's ability to be assertive has grown along with his confidence as a guide.

I don't know if there's one right answer to your question. Maybe it's a combination of a bunch of things: the changing environment, softer dogs, our personal needs and preferences, and a lot of other things I can't figure out.

I got my first dog in 1997. It seemed the dogs were a little tougher then, but then, that could have just been the dogs I knew. It's really hard to say.

Shannon and the Acelet