[nagdu] possibly switching dog food, advice would be welcome

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 19 22:05:25 UTC 2014

I've heard very good things about the Kirkland from Costco.  the nearest
Costco is about 2 hours away, so not a practical option for me.

Have you checked out Petflo or chewy?  they have good prices, free shipping
with a minimum purchase and it appears on your front porch just like magic!
I've used both companies and have been very pleased.  chewy is a bit cheaper
for the brand I feed, so that's why I switched.  I never had any problems
with Petflo.

another idea is to check out non pet store places for dog food.  Here the
farm supply store carries Blue Buffalo and Taste of the Wild.  Belle is
currently eating a senior formula of Blue buffalo that the farm supply store
doesn't carry.  A brief glance at the prices make me think that the online
and farm store prices are pretty close.  I used to feed Taste of the Wild
until it was proactively recalled and I couldn't get it and had to switch.

A good while ago I was feeding both dogs Flint River Ranch.  You can get a
decent discount if you purchase it in larger quantities.  With two lab sized
dogs, you could probably buy 200 pounds at once and only need to purchase 3
times per year or so.  Of course you have to have a cool, dry place with no
rodents to store all of that food.

Just some things to think about.  I hope you find something that works and
is affordable for you.
Julie