[nagdu] possibly switching dog food, advice would be welcome

Brandy Pinder bdpinder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 03:47:17 UTC 2014

I am all for taste of the wild. It's grain free, on the less expensive side. For some reason pinta had that smell that has either subsided from switching to wellness grain free or the numerous dry shampoo and wipes I have discovered.
Kathy I switched to quote unquote more expensive food because I feel, especially for my dog who has had past ear infections, is healthier over all. Dogs do not eat grain such as corn in the wild and grain can cause many allergies. Also, I have found I pay the same price because on foods like purina and iams I would be feeding at least three cups whereas with wellness she is eating two cups. I noticed when I switched my previous dog to blue buffalo as opposed to euk she didn't seem hungry at all between meals and didn't start asking for her dinner extremely early. The quote unquote more expensive brands and especially grain free have higher protein whereas the quote unquote less expensive have more carbohydrates which I'm sure every one has noticed eggs keep you more full in the morning as opposed to oat meal. Lastly, my main reason at first is that I lived alone and though I could pick up purina from my grocery store sometimes they didn't have it or I went to the one closer to home which only carries small bags. When I went on pet food direct and pet flow five years ago blue buffalo was fifty two a bad. Purina was forty five while at the store it was thirty five so I'm thinking for seven dollars more I can get a much better food, however if a grocery store is convenient then yes those brands would be cheaper. Raven will explain this much better. Smile. I am in no way saying that a person who feeds the less expensive brands are bad. Do I think my dog will live longer eating a grain free food? Not really. Do I think anyone feeding iams is bad? No of course not. This just works for me and I can't deny the fact that my school let me know she had had numerous ear infections and was I ok with that and when I brought her home she had one, in the last seven months nothing. I strongly feel it is the grain free food and the probiotics

brandy pinder
Alumni Council -  second vice Chairman
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc®
and America's VetDogs®, The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc®
Providing "Second uSight"® since 1946

371 E. Jericho Turnpike smith town ny 11766
Cso: 866-282-8047
Email: brandydp at verizon.net
Cell: 304-685-4499