[nagdu] possibly switching dog food, advice would be welcome

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 12:12:03 UTC 2014

Welcome!  You asked why many of us feed more expensive foods...for me it's
about quality and type of ingredients.  My dogs don't do well with anything
with corn, soy or wheat in it.  Corn and wheat seem to be especially bad.
Any amount of corn in Belle's diet and we get to go to the vet for ear
infection medication.  It's $50 to $75 per visit and that's from my country
vet.  If Monty gets grains in his food, he gets horrid gas and loose poop.
Monty is my working guide, so for his comfort, the comfort of everyone
around and my own reluctance to be embarrassed every 5 minutes, I stay away
from foods with grains.  It's also about the quality of the ingredients.  I
don't want to give my dogs anything meat byproduct meal, nasty
preservatives, unnecessary chemicals or foods that have been processed at
really high temperatures.    I've noticed their coats look and feel soft and
shiny, seriously bad breath went away, no chronic health issues like ear
problems, no nasty gas and cleaning up after them is easier.

JMO
Julie