[nagdu] Raw feeding

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Mar 20 14:52:36 UTC 2014

I really mind these blanket declarations that raw feeding is always the very
best thing.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I tried raw
feeding with my dog Echo, a labrador.  I tried for a while, and I tried
different combinations, but she had diarrhea all the time.  I would think
I'd found the food to clear it up, and then it would start again.  As soon
as I went back to a high-quality kibble, she was fine, and lived a long,
healthy life.
I know raw food works very well for some dogs.  I also know it did not work
at all for Echo, and I'm sure my experience is not unique.
Different dogs have different needs. Many can thrive on raw food, but not
all.
Tracy