[nagdu] Raw feeding

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 20 15:50:15 UTC 2014

Yes, I fed raw to Monty for a very short while.  He did great on it for the
first couple of days.  I noticed right away he seemed calmer, his coat was
amazing and his pretty mild dog odor had diminished.  He loved it and all
seemed to be going well.

Until he started vomiting at 2 a.m. and didn't stop until the sun was coming
up.  It was awful.  I have never been so scared for a dog in my life.

Maybe it was the beef I was feeding him.  Maybe I gave him too much.  Maybe
I didn't know what I was doing.  I take full responsibility.  I also know
that raw works very well for a lot of people.  I'm not sure what went wrong.
I went back to kibble and he's doing fine.   Maybe the whole thing was a
coincidence and he had some sort of flue like virus, I don't know.  I don't
have the nerve to try raw again to find out.

Julie