[nagdu] Feeding raw. Was: possibly switching dog food, advice would be welcome

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:26:15 UTC 2014

Darla,
That would depend on the problems a senior dog is displaying. For
instance, if the dog is displaying signs of arthritis, then you would
add more natural sources of glucosamine and condroitin into the diet.
I believe these substances are found in joints, so feeding ox tails,,
whole rabbits, and chicken leg quarters might help with this. All
natural supplements, as well as herbal remedies can also be used to
relieve joint pain and inflammation. If a senior dog has issues with
liver, the kidneys, or the gi tract, that dog would need tailoring and
possible supplementing for that specific issue. Each issue is
approached from a different angle.
I'm sure Rox'E knows far more about this than I do. She's been doing
this for 15 years for a few different dogs. I've only been doing it
for nearly 6 months for just the Golden Guy.
There are several email lists for rawfeeders on Yahoo. Those people
would know far more about tailoring a raw diet for senior dogs or dogs
with specific conditions.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/laurel.stockard%40
>>> gmail.com

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ravend729%40gmail.c