[nagdu] Nail clippers.

Vivianna irishana at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:41:49 UTC 2014

great discription Julie.
that's a good idea to check out how much a professional is taking off your dog.
i do the exact same thing but, my dog won't stand, she lays down so i have to get into all sorts of weird positions to do her back feet.
when you first are learning just take off the very tip of the nail.  you can also have the dog stand up and feel the feet, checking to see if any nails are longer or touching the floor.  when you are finished your dog should not make any clicking sounds when walking on the floor.
it's so important to keep the nails trimmed IMO.  much better for the feet and joints.  long nails cause the pads of the feet to not sit correctly on the ground and also long nails can actually cause the joints to be forced to move in unhealthy directions.
and, don't forget to clip the dew claws if your dog has them too.  they can end up all curled and sharp.
good luck.

Vivianna