[nagdu] Returning member: Karyn and Thane

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:18:42 UTC 2014

Thankyou Ann for the warm welcome. I am so glad to be here. I hope I can
benefit members with the diversity at which I train and work my partner/s.
It is pretty amazing how long you have been partnered with Panda, but then
it is kinda surprising too that Thane is now 7. It feels like we jumped from
2 to 7 over night!
Our partnership hasn't been without its hurdles (why does finding competent
veterinary care have to be so difficult!) I was about ready to begin the
transition for retirement (and immediate need for successor candidate)
recently when I found the reason behind the challenges in our partnership--
so I've been getting acquainted the last few days with the seasoned dog I
always knew he could be!
The program that changed my life is called DNRS (Dynamic Neural Retraining
Systems) I was connected with it from a friend/ another die hard clicker
trainer. I have seen uncanny connections to the way the positive operant
condition training I do with my dogs has similariities in the structure of
this program. I'm grateful that I was able to find my way back to a life of
living again after so many years. (I'll write you off list with more
specific information) Suffice to say though, Hope truly has enabled me to
experience this amazing journey.

Karyn and Thane