[nagdu] Application Process

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:42:08 UTC 2014

Brandon,

I'm a GDB grad and the application process was absolutely a breeze for
me. Within a month of me submitting my application, I got a phone call
from one of the admission staff to do a phone interview where she
asked me questions about what my lifestyle is like and places that I
travel on a regular basis. GDB requires you to list 3 routes that you
travel pretty constantly and from what you described of your area, I
don't think this should be a problem. After the phone interview, GDB
will schedule you in for a home interview where an instructor will
come out and observe you walk with a cane as well as do a juno walk
with you. I know this experience varies from instructor to instructor,
but I had a great time during my interview and it was extremely laid
back and not nerve wracking at all. I'm from the East coast so my home
interview took a little bit for them to schedule in because an
instructor wasn't coming to my area for a few months. It took about
five months between my phone interview and home interview. It took
them about two weeks to get back with my acceptance, which was awesome
because I didn't have to anxiously wait for that long. After that,
it's just a matter of GDB finding the perfect match for you according
to your needs and preferences. In my case, they told me the same day I
was accepted that they already had a dog in mind for me, and I flew
out to the Oregon campus two weeks later. I hope I answered some of
your questions, but if you have anymore, don't hesitate to ask--I love
talking about GDB and am really glad you're applying.

Minh