[nagdu] GDB time-out

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:28:58 UTC 2014

Hi Tracy,

We also use the time out if the dog gets distracted in the field. To my
surprise, it really works. I was quite skeptical of the concept till I tried
it. All my dogs have been pretty easy to manage, and I've tried the verbal
correcting thing with her, just a simple, no hop up. but the time out works
better. and pretty much every time, after the ten seconds are done and I
pick up the harness and say forward, off we go. Once the dog moves past
whatever distracted it, we generally halt and praise and feed, or in the
case of my dog, praise and love up.