[nagdu] Guide dogs in other countries

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 7 14:50:15 UTC 2014

I think the biggest difference between the US and other countries, where
guide dogs are concerned, is that we have several different schools, and,
from what I've heard, other countries have one school, sometimes with
several branches, but still managed by one organization.
So, here, if you are dissatisfied with some aspect of a program, you can go
to a different program. People in other countries don't seem to have as much
choice.
I heard, because of this, that there were quite a few owner-trainers in the
UK, because it's the only option for people who aren't happy with the guide
dog program.  I heard that a long time ago, so it may no longer be true.
Tracy