[nagdu] Traveling with dog.

Gary Steeves rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Wed May 7 22:19:30 UTC 2014

Hi viviana:

Yes, i have traveled to the uk with bogart in 2012.  It was a bit nerve wracking getting all the paper work together  and at the last minute my air carrier said they needed a letter from hethrow's animal control centre saying based on the info I had emailed them they would accept bogart.  Bogart did excellent over there dealing with the different roads. In fact outside my hotel was a button to use to cross trhe road and when I asked bogart to find the button he actually this one which was very differnt  looking then what we have in vancouver. He managed this whole area of crossing at a crosswalk in the middle of tghe street, walking along a thin island, crossing a bus lane at a cross walk to the otgher side and then crossing another street, island and street to get us to the park for him to relieve himself. I thought how amazing this was but then, without him, i wouldn't have been looking for that park. Smile. My partner googled and found a park about the same distance away that
didn't require so many scary crossings. Bogart handled the tube well. Not really bothered by much that guy except, being tghe first poodle guide dog anyone had seen, he got a million  unsolicited pets. The other thing is i had a huge problem with taxi refusals in london.  I'm not sure if it was because bogart is a poodle or not but  i got the sense any dog would have caused these cabbies distress.

Gary