[nagdu] guidedogs and apartment complexes

via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sat May 10 15:15:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a question: the policy at my apartment complex is that if the tennet wants to have a pet, they have to pay a $200.00 deposit.
I’ve tried to tell the apartment management that I’m going to be getting a guide dog.
They said that I would still have to pay the pet deposit.
I understand that they can’t do make me pay for having the guide dog in the building.
They told me that they need to have something in writing.
How should I go about finding out what section the apartment complex needs to read?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
John Sanders