[nagdu] Canada: Proposed law named after Edmonton police dog stabbed to death while pursuing suspect

Daryl Marie via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Tue May 13 13:47:30 UTC 2014

I heard a short news blurb about this proposed law this morning, and I am thrilled.  I live in Edmonton, and I know a police K9 handler. I remember the case from six months ago, and how it affected my friend.

Now we have to wait for the bill to pass through Parliament.  But it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Daryl