[nagdu] Problem

Buddy Brannan via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Wed May 14 22:58:12 UTC 2014

“Straight” at the Seeing Eye usually is in context with the next up curb while in the street and would probably not be appropriate in this context. The real question is why she’s pulling to the right in the first place. For this, I expect an instructor might be the best thing. Are you somehow cuing her to pull right, either from how you’re holding/pulling the harness, or how you’re positioned in relation to the dog, for example. When you notice the pull to the right, have you tried “Hupp-up” with a gesture in the direction she should be going? You might also try just stopping when you notice this, then starting again, with praise immediately for the correct direction. But an instructor on the ground is going to be your best guide, especially being so new out the gate.