[nagdu] an update on Soleil and me

Star Gazer via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 19:36:27 UTC 2014

The Golden Girls, I love those women!

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of The Pawpower Pack via nagdu
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:19 PM
To: NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users
Subject: Re: [nagdu] an update on Soleil and me

Julie,
Soleil is the French word for Sun.  It is said like so lay, like obey, it sounds the same— which is funny, because obey is sometimes not her favorite thing to do! lol She was owned by a backyard breeder who is now in prison.  My vet ended up with her because the family of the owner did not want her because if you put a dog in the yard for 3 years and ignore her only to use her as a puppy making machine, she will be crazy, and the family couldn't handle her.  So when Laveau got sick, my vet told me he thought I could make a service dog out of her and he was right.
She has  great bounce back and is pretty fearless, which is good seeing as how I live in New Orleans, home of Mardi Gras and crazy drunken tourists.  She attended Jazz Fest with me and slept through Eric Clapton. lol.
When I got her, her name was Solo, which was confusing for Laveau because it sounded too much the same.  And since she was not solo any more now that she had me, I picked a name that was close, but different. And she is very sunny, plus she's blonde.  I have said that she is like that woman Blanche, from the old show The golden Girls.  Thinks she was put on earth to be adored. lol

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone