[nagdu] Jenny update on a few things

Daryl Marie via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 21:50:31 UTC 2014

hey, guys,

I know that lately I have been emailing frequently with
questions about jenny.  Thought I'd provide an update.

Jenny's paw is doing fantastic!  The wound has healed well.  There is still a bit of a scab there, but it's getting smaller and less pronounced.  She's still not too keen on my touching her feet, but I can check it out while we play (wrestle, etc.)

her scrounging has gotten much better.  I think in the past I haven't been consistent enough with obedience sessions with her and food.  The past two days in a row, she's done perfectly with food refusal drills.  I've used the break room at work, and the hallways toward the front door at work, alternating between carrots and hot dog buns.  She has stepped around, over, beside them and has not gone for them once, and I could tell that she knew she'd done well.  The tail was just wagging and wagging and wagging.  Even yesterday and this morning on routes, I think she's only gone for something once and then dropped it before I even said anything.  Unfortunately, I think I dropped a piece of sausage onto her blanket five minutes ago... I can't seem to find it, and a coworker says Jenny looks guilty...

The previous separation anxiety(?) following behavior has improved a ton!  The only time she's gotten off her bed when I left was because she really really REALLY had to go to the bathroom.  I started to get upset with her for not staying, she gave me her "take me out NOW!" sound... and so we did, and she did great for the rest of the day.  I know not all the times she was doing this for this reason, but at least there's an explanation.

Daryl and Jenny