[nagdu] Social Acceptance of Disability (was Re: update on my work question)

Buddy Brannan via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 00:20:53 UTC 2014

Of course, how smart someone is isn’t really determined by GPA. I know some pretty dumb people who have high GPA’s. I was talking with someone this afternoon, and she theorizes that it’s not so much to do with that as it is to do with some feeling of being “special” or some such thing, somehow above us mere mortals. Back to high school, she mentioned the jocks, who seemed to have the same sort of problem with acceptance as the crowd I mentioned, and that would definitely fall in line with her theory. We decided we likely wouldn’t solve it today, but that someone should do a study or something. There’s probably some organization that would fund such a thing.