[nagdu] Dogs in the Dorms

lizzy via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 14:05:57 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I will be moving into a college dorm this fall and just figured
I'd ask for advice/tips from any of you who have had guide dogs
while living in them.  Since I've never dealt with a situation
like this, I'm open to any advice, warnings, tips etc.  Here are
a few questions that I've been thinking about:
- Do you let your dog walk around the dorm off leash with you?
Ex: While you do some laundry your dog is sitting beside you but
not necessarily on leash.
- Did you allow interactions with others while in the dorms?
- Did you have a roommate? If so, was the dog an issue at all?
- I've already purchased a compact pet vacuum and a huge sealed
container for her food.  Are there any other extra supplies that
I'll need to purchase?
- Anything else that I should know or prepare before moving in?
I know it's a while away, and that ultimately I'll have to decide
how to handle these situations but I like to be prepared and it
can't hurt to ask.
Thanks,
Lizzy