[nagdu] Getting time off work for class

Tracy Carcione via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Fri May 23 12:34:02 UTC 2014

I'd be interested to hear how people have arranged time off work to go to
class.
I am not keen to lose 3 weeks' pay.  I could use vacation time, if I am
careful about not taking much and saving some up.  I could try to work
during class, but I'm not sure that's a great idea.  Class is stressful
enough, without adding in work.  I would like to use some of my sick days,
of which I have a whole heaping lot, but, last time, my boss could not get
that idea through HR's tiny heads.  "She wants to use sick time to do what?
Get a "guide dog?"".
Last time, the boss just made an arrangement on the QT, as a big favor.
How have other people arranged this?
Tracy