[nagdu] dog expenses question

Sherry Gomes via nagdu nagdu at nfbnet.org
Sun May 25 18:43:01 UTC 2014

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but if you mean the expense of having a
guide dog, it depends on many thing. Mostly what type of food you feed, what
type and how many toys you buy, how healthy the dog is so vet expenses, and
even then it depends on the vet and the reason for vet visits. I have two
dogs, my guide and my retired guide. I probably spend between fifty and 100
a month on food. Not sure yet with my new dog how fast we'll go through
food. Vet expenses are probably around 4 to 500 dollars a year if you
include heartworm preventative, shots, physicals. Then there's bathing which
I have done about every six months and is around 75 dollars each time for
two dogs.

Sherry