[nagdu] How to Get a Dog Used to Teeth Brushing

Dani Pagador axs.brl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 03:42:49 UTC 2014

Hi, Everyone.
I took Peg in for her semi-annual vaccination today and the vet said
she'd need to go in for professional teeth-cleaning, complete with
general anesthesia. I don't have the money in my budget for it, so
opted instead to buy a toothbrush and doggie toothpaste.

How do I go about getting her acclimated to teeth brushing?

Or ... is there another alternative to teeth brushing? The vet said I
should start with running my finger across her teeth, but Peg doesn't
like me to get my hand near her mouth unless I've got a doggie treat
in it. *sigh*

Would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,
Dani