[nagdu] guidedog and mobility skills

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:18:05 UTC 2014

Hi Maria, well here are a few suggestions, and hopefully they
will work.  I would ask the mobility instructor if she could at
least give you a basic idea of the order of the platforms.  But
you could also go and explore on your own.  Take the local bus
that you are familiar with, and go to the main trainstbus
station.  Ask questions of other travelers, pay attention to the
texture under your feet, is it rough, smooth, are there ramps?
What about traffic sounds? For instance, you may find that one
platform is closer to a road than another.  Do some small trips
that you aren't really invested in-I mean, trips that you have
time to miss a bus or train and jake the next one, not ones that
you have a definite time that you want to arrive, so that you
don't have the stress of worrying about missing a bus or train.
Pay attention to things like stairs.  Sometimes stairs will lead
to a platform, or an exit to the station.  I'm sure other people
will have some good suggestions, too.  Happy travels!    Debby
and Neena