[nagdu] Groomers revisited

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 23:17:34 UTC 2014

Hmm. Well, the only time I noticed any of my dogs appearing not to
like it is when I took my first dog to a vet that I hadn't been too
before. I was just having him bathed and nails ttrimmed and so I
thought that was acceptable. Only he came back lethargic and exhausted
not his happy serious ready to work and glad to see me self. turns out
they had sedated him without my permission nor knowledge until my then
husband called to see what went on while he was there. Needless to
say, we had paid him and thanked him for his service and never ever
went back there again. From then on, I always made certain to ask if
this is a practice with big dogs since that particular business stated
that was there policy and practice for big dogs.

Generally, if they come out straining on the leash and squeaking
slipping and sliding I take that as a good and satisfactory visit. The
only other reason I switched from my vet to a groomer was because Eden
was very very strong and it seemed quite a struggle for the
veterinarian's young adult son. Each and every time she was straining
on the leash and jumping up and slipping and sliding threatening to
take him down. He had to stop and go very slowly to get to me once she
saw me. I'm sure he likely would've been fine especially since he
worked for his father, but I didn't want to lose my veterinarian! I
had been doing business with  him since my first pup and had been
around to others in town for other dogs and was never satisfied. Plus,
he offers a 20% discount for ALL working dogs. people travel from all
over the state to see him.

Danielle