[nagdu] Class Tuesday

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Nov 4 16:11:40 UTC 2014

Last night, we started learning how to target things with the clicker.  It
was entertaining, waiting for Krokus to figure out what would get him
another treat.  "If I touch the left hand?  If I sniff her shoes?  If I
touch the hand with the clicker?  Yes!"
I have been having trouble with him walking way to the left on the stairs,
so I can't reach the rail. Sue showed me how to get him to target the
rail, and he's doing better, though we have work to do.  I'm trying to go
up and down when it's not so crowded, because I have to keep stopping and
reminding him.

We had a terrible trip this morning.  He just wouldn't go.  Sue says I'm
not pulling back on the harness, though to me it feels like I am.  The
whole trip, we walked slower than Ben would do.  Pretty dreadful.  I
expect more of the same this  Afternoon. Yippee.
Oh, pokyKroky was trained by Jan Abbott, who will be doing the home part
of my training.  He was held over from last class.  Maybe they thought he
was a better match for me than any of the people in that class.

I don't have much time for email, so, if people are replying to these
things, I may not see it until next week, or the week after that.
Tracy