[nagdu] How often does a dog have to work?

Larry D Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Nov 10 04:00:56 UTC 2014

Its called a negative feedback loop. Stress from handler is picked up by
dog. That stress if not relieved can become harmful to both dog and handler.
A break for both is sometimes called for. I think Holly and I work well
because we both are kind of laid back. Here if Holly needs to burn off
energy, she has Casper. If I'm busy and can't pay her attention, she goes to
someone else. And for the most part, we work together with a minium of
stress. If a situation gets stressful, I try to get us out of it as soon as
I can and give her time to rest up at home.