[nagdu] wearing a harness.

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:53:34 UTC 2014

Viviana, I agree with you that the dogs should wear their harnesses when
they are guiding in public places. I think your vision there is a little on
the dramatic side. Not sure that most of these people are handing out treats
to their pets while leash guiding. But I do think that even if we are
allowed to take our guide without harness, it is better clarification for
the rest of the public and that it is the more respectful thing to do with
respect to the law. We don't have to show IDs, we don't have to have the dog
in harness, and we don't have to say much about what the dog does. I do
think though that if we were to get into a habit of taking the dog around
just in leash, since so many people are bent on having their pets with them,
and since sometimes it may be a little hard anyway to determine who is a pet
and who is a service dog, the time will come when we will have to have the
dogs in their harness/gear and will have to show id. Of course the time may
come when you can just take your pet anywhere, too, so the opposite could
happen.

Cindy