[nagdu] Air BNB

Brett Sample samplebrett at icloud.com
Tue Nov 11 18:31:05 UTC 2014

Hannah,

There are exceptions in the law that allow bnb’s to not be covered by the ADA and the FHA. If I remember it’s if there are no more than 5 rooms and one is occupied by the owner they can be exempt from both laws. There may be State laws that they might be covered under but, that would be State by State of course. It all comes down to where they fit in under the Public Accommodation definition in the law and if they fit the definition of Exempt. I am not sure what the exact wording is in the law but, I do know there are exemptions.

Best of Luck to You,

Brett and Ziva