[nagdu] Repelling fleas and ticks

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 18:34:16 UTC 2014

Pests attach themselves to dogs with weak immune systems. Their blood
is sweet and attractive to the pests. Alkaline blood, or healthy
blood, does not attract pests.
My pest repellent of choice is now liquid aloe vera plus. It's
herb-loaded aloe vera juice, and it contains many herbs to promote
digestive health and support immune function, two of which are known
for making the blood alkaline.
This is tried and true that giving this supplement repels pests.
Unfortunately, I dealt with a flea infestation recently. I knew I was
taking a chance when I decided to throw out all the pesticides. And
when I threw that stuff out, I purchased natural products that would
help in the instance of an infestation, and meanwhile I researched
ways to keep bloodsuckers at bay.
I purchased a pound of food-grade diatomaceous earth. It is fine like
flour, and has microscopic sharp edges that lacerate the exoskeleton
of pests and dehydrates them.
As soon as my roommate informed me that we had fleas, I told her they
would be gone in a month.
Let me tell you, having never had any pets at all, I had no clue what
fleas felt like or how to identify that a dog had fleas. I now know
that what I thought was dirt in my dog's chest, belly, and leg fur was
actually fleas. I wondered how on earth he had all this dirt in his
fur all the time. And fleas were in the back of my mind, but I thought
that he would certainly be scratching himself like crazy if he had
fleas. He wasn't at all, so I dismissed the idea. Boy, was I wrong!
When my roommate informed me we had a flea infestation, I sprinkled DE
all in the carpet and brushed it in a bit. I vacuumed this up every
3-4 days, and did this for a month. This was very easy to manage in a
small apartment. I also dusted my dog's bed and the couch with it
since he laid in both those places.
I tried dusting it into his coat, but it dried out his skin. Duh! He
never scratched himself so excessively until I put that in his coat.
Bad idea.
After treating our living space, I had to treat my dog. There was
obviously something wrong with him for him to have attracted visitors.
I washed him once a week, alternating between lavender castile soap
and tea tree castile soap. I sprayed him down with apple cider vinegar
at least 4 times daily, and I also groomed him every other day with
grooming tools dipped in soapy water.
But what about internally? I racked my brain trying to figure out what
on God's green earth had changed about his diet. What had I started
giving him? What had I stopped giving him? I finally figured out that
when he got sick earlier this year, I started giving him liquid aloe
vera Plus. But when I ran out of it near the end of the summer and he
was healed, I didn't bother to purchase more. Big mistake! We'd gone
through the summer flea-free, even though he was sick for a part of
it.
I ordered more of it right away. When it arrived, I gave 1 oz every
other day. And just after two weeks, no more fleas!
I have suggested this to other women in my natural-rearing groups who
were also dealing with fleas, and it worked for them as well.
Unfortunately, because of all the damage to his immune system from
kibble, vaccines, and pesticides, his immune system is currently
unable to function optimally without this supplement.
I wrote this to share with the others here who have gone natural as I
have and to show them that a natural product actually works. Do not be
afraid to stop using the poisonous pesticides, here's something
natural that is effective for those who are rearing their guides
naturally and doing everything you can in your power to promote health
and support immune function.
Getting an infestation wasn't the end of the world at all. But it was
a learning experience, and I have shared it here for others to learn
from. Yes, it is mildly embarrassing, but I love sharing my knowledge
of natural-rearing, and everyone should learn from my mistakes and
discoveries rather than having to do it alone.

You can purchase any of the products above from many places. My sites
of choice are Amazon or supersup.com.
--
Raven
"if God didn't make it, don't eat it." - John B. Symes, D.V.M.