[nagdu] Six Long Years

Matthew Dierckens matt.dierckens at me.com
Mon Nov 17 17:55:20 UTC 2014

Six long years ago, I was debating wether or not to get a guide dog. At the time, I was sixteen, but living in the country, and was unsure of what I wanted to do.
So I did some research, talked with various graduates.
After I did a year of college, and was unable to complete the program due to accessible problems, I knew that I needed to get some better independent skills. I did just that.
I attended the Colorado Centre from 1 June 2012-7 March 2013. This re-kindled my interest in getting a guide dog, after getting better travel skills through both CCB and Leader Dog's AMP program which I took in November of 2013.
I applied to Guiding Eyes for the Blind in July of this year, and had my home interview on 5 November.
I just received an email from admitions confirming my acceptance into the school.
After speaking, we agreed on 5 July to 26 July.
I can't wait for this new chapter of my life to start.
Thanks for reading, and I apologize for such a long post.

God bless. :)
Matthew Dierckens
Macintosh Trainer
Blind Access Training