[nagdu] getting around in places you don't know

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:05:37 UTC 2014

Hi Stephanie, my name is Danielle. I am also totally blind and wear hearing aids in both ears and yes this is a challenging situation that I tend to also find myself in sometimes. I am working my first guide dog a female yellow lab named Willa from Guiding Eyes. And yes my dog does pick on on this as well. One thing you could do is if you are traveling with someone who is sighted walk a step or 2 behind you on your right and tactilely give you direction on your back like take their finger and drag it to the left or to the right or up and down for forward. Stop is simply a flat palm on your back near your shoulder.  Another option is an FM system connected to hearing aids. Feel free to email me offlist. My email address is: danielleburton94 at gmail.com

Danielle and Willa