[nagdu] Your thoughts on cold-weather gear

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:19:27 UTC 2014

Hi Emily, personally I don't use coats and stuff.  Some people
do, and that's cool.  But I think that Neena has quite enough
covering.  She doesn't seem to mind walking in the cold.  I think
the worst problem is if you have to wait outside in the cold.  If
your dog is shivering then, you need to get into a warm place.
I've only had that happen when it was cold and snowing and I was
living in Portland, Oregon.  The buses were jammed and each time
my bus came by they would say, There's no room.  We had been
waiting over an hour and my dog Nat started shivering.  So the
next time my bus came by I said, "I'm getting on this bus.  My
dog is shivering and I'm not putting her through any more cold."
We got home and after we both ate some dinner, we fuddled
together with the heat on and wrapped in blankets.  Lol.  So the
upshot is: probably your dog will be fine as long as you guys are
walking on your routes, just try not to have to wait outside for
long periods.    Peace,    Debby and Neena