[nagdu] Obedience

Danielle Burton danielleburton94 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:30:58 UTC 2014

Yes Cindy it is taught now but  it is also taught to take it out of their meal. I take kibble out of my dog's breakfast and whatever is left is put bacin her meal for dinner. I do carry a few may 5 small picees igher value treat that is readily available in situations where my dog an exceptionally good job at something but this is rarely given. Those are saved for the big things or if we are having a lot of trouble with something. I do like to use treats because sometimes I am a little too quiet to praise. It is something I sometimes struggle with and part of this is due to my hearing loss and the trainer even said this is a typical problem for hearing impaired students with dogs because we have to really concentrate on tone of voice. So the treats do help me in case I am not vocal enough and don't get me wrong I praise my dog a lot but I've had to work hard at it because I'm more quiet sometimes. And my dog requies a very lively praise. The more lively and energetic I am the better she works.

Danielle and Willa