[nagdu] Apology to Raven

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 03:14:32 UTC 2014

Dear Raven, I want to apologize to you for my harshness.  Please
forgive an old lady who sometimes can be harsher than she should
be.  Just one little piece of advice though, for what it's worth.
I know you don't think you're preachy, but sometimes you are.
(Smile).  You don't have to not have your opinions, I sure have
mine.  Lol.  But sometimes people just don't want to hear it all
the time.

I'm going to share something that happened to me, so maybe you
will understand where I'm coming from.  My brother-in-law married
a beautiful, warm, loving woman.  In the beginning she and I were
close.  But a couple years ago at a family gathering, my
stepdaughter said that she was going to look at Goodwill for a
bike for her daughter.  I confronted her about buying from a
place that doesn't pay minimum wages to their disabled workers,
and how the CEO made huge bucks.  I made my stepdaughter feel
guilty and when my sister-in-law said that corporations should be
able to pan what they wanted or some such thing, I really lost my
cool.  My stepdaughter and I are okay, but my sister-in-law and I
are not.  Sometimes it's probably good to bite your tongue, don't
send the email (my bad) and sometimes it would be okay for you to
maybe think, I don't have to send that email.  People don't like
food police.  Either on the human level or for dogs.  You see, I
think that you and I might have a lot in common.  I'm a very
strong personality and I don't always back off when I should.
Once I've expressed my views, I am learning (not always
successfully) to be more diplomatic, or sometimes to remain
silent.  Take care, Raven and give all the canines in your life
hugs.    Peace,    Debby and Neena