[nagdu] List of dog gear & supplies shared at state convention

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:27:57 UTC 2014

Brandy I'm not sure what you consider heavy but to me the K9 Overcoat is
heavy. It is a layer of cordura fabric lined with fleece.
Both the sunshower and the K9overcoat are designed with a martingale style
underside. This doesnt provide full protection for the belly area. Its sorta
an hourglass shape.

The sunshower is water proof while the K9 overcoat is listed as water
resistant. I live in NW Oregon so moisture is a big deal for us. I chose to
get both of these as well as the cloud chaser for Thane when I had the
opportunity because we have become real active outdoors lately. I also must
harness him up and go outside for busy so dry gear is critical. His harness
is webbing so it gets really wet and muddy if not protected.

The cloud chaser is a pretty skin tight breathable jacket and can handle
some moisture but the underside that covers the belly is a stretchy like
fabric that does not resist moisture. I do find Thane is less wet/ muddy but
still wet when he wears that. Its better at warding off chill from my
perspective but I've only used it for about a month now. I like to layer it
though. It works great layered with either of the other coats. It has a side
zipper and was quite a challenge with its snug fit for me to figure a way to
fasten it with my hand limitations, but once Thane and I figured a way
working together, I've been really happy with it. I almost sent it back
because of this. I am so glad I did not. It is on the pricey side, but just
in this past month I have used it, I feel its earned the $40 I paid for it
in Thane's comfort. We had a big cold freeze recently and I was so glad to
have both it and the K9overcoat.

They have another coat similar pattern to the cloud chaser that is fleece
but again not waterproof.

I have heard neopaws has some really nifty full covering suits that might
fit the bill if you need full waterproof belly. I think they also have one
that is more coat like but covers the belly pretty good.

I have an older coat from my previous dog that covered the belly from fido
fleece but it was so big in the chest that neither dog could wear it over
gear or without a harness. My dogs are/ were Border Collie/ Border Collie
and GSD mix so not big chesty dogs. Im not sure if their pattern has changed
at all but it was another good option for under harness (unless modified
with button holes for handle) It wasnt a warm coat but I believe they do
have those.

I know there are other options out there as well that other list members
might be able to share with you.

Karyn and Thane