[nagdu] follow-up from major relieving issues post

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:48:17 UTC 2014

Hi again,
I appreciate all of those who could relate to my struggles, and to those who provided advice. For clarification, my dog, usually walks slow or fast, so this is not an indacation of her needing to poo. She is regular on her pee'ing. So in other words, her signs are not regular, not consistant, or even signs for her to tell me that she needs to relieve. I mean I sort of figure, since we have been working for two years, I would know the signs by now. thus why I try to keep her on a schedule.

Like Tracy and others have said, I would much rather be having this issue than others I could be having. I also am in agreement with Tracy and others, about the pooping on route and how annoying it is. Because usually what happens, is that my pup will poo, I am in the process of picking it up. Then someone comes along, a sighted person, who is trying to be helpful, talking to me like I am 5 years old, but because of my hearing loss, I can't hear what they are saying, I can't understand. So even if they wanted to help, its hard to do. So I then am forced to carry a baggie of poo, until I find a trash can, in a location of which I know. My pup has always relieved on concrete, I won't change her to grass now, as its easier in the city where I am, to find concrete.

So what have I been doing. Monday when coming home she pooped. But she had pooped like 3 times that day, very unusual for her. So I have ben feeding her a half a cup of kibble in the evenings, and a full cup in the morning, one this has been stimulating her to poo in the morning, and not in the afternoon. For the last two days, no pooping on the way home. Like for example yesterday I thought she needed to go, but when relieved in a location I wanted her to go in, she didn't go. But she did not go on route either. Today she was fine again.

Now in regards to the anxiety issue, its apparent I am not the only one who has anxiety issues with this. I would say if you didjn't have some sort of emotional response from it, especially when it happens every day, every other day, or often enough, if you didn't, I would think something is wrong. But in the long run, we all know our dogs the best, what I post here is not necessarily the whole story.
So that is the update, please send positive thoughts that this will continue to work.

Thanks,

Marsha drenth
email: marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Sent with my IPhone
Please note that this email communication has been sent using my iPhone. As such, I may have used dictation and had made attempts to mitigate errors. Please do not be hesitant to ask for clarification as necessary.