[nagdu] A Mia misconception

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 14:08:41 UTC 2014

I've been reading all these messages and I think there's one thing being
overlooked.  What kind of sidewalk are we talking about?

Because there is a lot of variety in the size and configuration of
sidewalks.  I have sidewalks in my neighborhood that are brick and barely
wide enough for one person to walk on.  Then downtown the sidewalks are
large paved areas that stretch from the store fronts all the way to the
curb.  In downtown Lincoln these large sidewalk areas can be 30 feet across.
It's also common for there to be bits of landscaping, parking meters, bike
racks, outdoor seating and those wooden A frame signs that stores use for
daily specials.

On the smaller sidewalks it doesn't matter much to me where exactly Jetta
chooses to walk, the left, the middle or the right.  On the really wide
sidewalks though, it would drive me nuts if she hugged that left side and we
had to weave around parking meters, landscaping and oncoming pedestrians.

Just sayin'
Julie