[nagdu] Some people are assholes

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:05:31 UTC 2014

I'd really like to teach my dog food refusal, except from me.
There's another dog handler at work who treats her dog when the
dog does something right.  That's all fine and good, but one day
she gave my dog a few pieces of kibble.  Now Neena goes crazy
when she sees this lady.  Now I have to keep her from going crazy
when she sees her.  I don't like using food treats unless it's
absolutely necessary.  I will use the clicker with treats when I
feel that it's appropriate.  But not just because she goes to her
kennel at work and stays there.  She gets praise for doing so,
and a hug good-bye when I have to leave her to go to work.  Can
you please explain how you teach food refusal? I know that a
pretty good explanation was given but I want to do this right.
Peace,    Debby and Neena