[nagdu] A Mia misconception

Karyn & Thane bcpaws4me at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:09:41 UTC 2014

Thane has had right side tendency edge-walking as I call it since I trained
him. I was losing more sight when I was training him and was paranoid of
having my power wheelchair fall off the sidewalk so I suspect this as well
as my approach to keep him going straight in certain areas (putting him on
the edge for too long a duration while we were training) has a lot to do
with it in Thane. Live and learn
I do notice that he does it more in certain situations (boredom of the route
plays a roll for sure) and his can be comical if you are not on the end of
the handle going in and out every little tree and bush, building structure
etc (OK it's not that bad any more because I did NIP that part quickly) He
still very much insists that he walk the right sidewalk edge often times
however.
I love your description Rox'E of how you prevented Soleil from getting this
habit. I hope I can use some of it with Thane to help reduce it because I've
noticed now that we are much more active, it has reduced significantly on
its own. My next dog I will DEFINITELY use this method with.

Karyn and Thane