[nagdu] Is Training the Answer?

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 13 14:24:44 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, I don't see the discrimination behavior ending at any given time.
Here's a good example of what happened to a friend of mine who is wheelchair mobile and has a seizure alert service dog.
She went into the Family Dollar Store a month or two ago, just in to do some small shopping.
She was harassed by the store manager for probably her entire time while in there.
By the time she got home, she was very upset and frustrated.
I immediately called that store and asked for the manager, but he had already gone for the day.
A week ago when I went in, Odie and I weren't messed with one bit and an associate was willing to help me get what I needed.
There are other incidents I could post, but will end it right here.
I find it's not just those with service dogs being discriminated against.
Many others face it just as much.
Bibi and MAR son Odie