[nagdu] Benny's last big gig

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Oct 13 15:24:52 UTC 2014

We just got back from Ben's last big gig, a weekend harp retreat.  I can't
believe that in just 2 weeks I'll be at The Seeing Eye and Ben will be
retired.
He did great, taking me where I wanted to go, and lying quietly for hours
while I played.  We played a concert yesterday, and I don't think most of
the audience even knew Ben was there, lying curled up behind me.  The only
time he acted up a bit was when I was jamming with people late into the
night, and Ben got up and started yawning.  Plain as day, he was saying "Yo,
it's time to go to bed!"
I kept wondering why I was retiring this fine dog.  But, as my husband
points out, it was really slow-pitch stuff for Ben, strolling around a small
hotel with a fairly small group of people.  I expect, when we go into work
again, he will again let me know he's ready to hang it up and live the easy
life.
Tracy