[nagdu] Two weeks with Taylor - Update

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Tue Oct 14 00:15:24 UTC 2014

Lisa,

	Yes, and it is so funny when they do their little happy dance or whatever it is to indicate that they are happpy. Lexia sticks her nose in the aiir and wags her tail. As far as redirection versus correction, it sounds as though you are primarily using what many handlers refer to as redirection. Redirection involves refocusing the dog in a way that is usually neutral or positive whereas corrections are generally thought of as negative.. Corrections can be thought of as communicating to your dog the idea of stop or no. Redirecction is more like teling your to do something else instead. Let me know if that did not make sense. Also, let me know if youu would like me to give you a summary of the pros and cons of both techniques and examples of where each one would/would not work well.

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone